[j-nsp] VPLS and IP on a PE-4FE-TX (M10i)

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Wed Nov 30 12:11:01 EST 2011

I have an colleague with a config like this on his GbE interfaces:

     ge-0/0/3 {
         flexible-vlan-tagging;
         mtu 1650;
         encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
         unit 0 {
             vlan-id 1;
             family inet {
                 address 10.50.14.1/24;
             }
         }
         unit 16 {
             encapsulation vlan-vpls;
             vlan-id 16;
         }

Basically some VLANS are VPLS and one is IP (mostly for management).

Is there any way to do something similar on a PE-4FE-TX?  My understanding
is that the answer is no since the PE-4FE-TX does not support
flexible-vlan-tagging, is that correct?

--
Brandon Ross                                              AIM:  BrandonNRoss
                                                                ICQ:  2269442