[j-nsp] DHCP IPv6

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Fri Oct 7 13:26:12 EDT 2011

Hoping someone can help me here ;)

We have an upcoming event where we will be supplying a Juniper J series (or
possibly SRX) as a sponsor.  The box will be fed via 45Mb/s Internet
connection from us.

My issue is that I've worked around IPv6 for quite a while now and never
setup DHCP to date for end-customer usage (only worked in core networks with
BGP peering etc - totally static environment).

In the IPv4 world, this seemed rather simple.  In the IPv6 world this all of
a sudden seems complicated....

Does anyone have a JunOS config for IPv6 DHCP they could share?  I'd like to
see a working example that would be relevant to public access.  We can
allocate whatever size of IPv6 prefix makes sense - but I'm thinking the
"common proper" way of doing this ?  In my home network it "just works" with
no DHCP actually in place via Neighbor Discovery if I understand that
correctly.

Perhaps a loaded question - just looking for suggestions ;)

Thanks,

Paul