[j-nsp] DHCP IPv6

Robert Juric robert.juric at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 14:12:11 EDT 2011

SLAAC and IPv6 Neighbor discovery work for basic address allocation and is
the more simple method. However if you need to push DNS servers to clients
then you would need to configure DHCPv6. I think you'll be hard pressed to
find many real-world examples though. I'd check out the Juniper Day One
books and the Juniper TechPubs. I've played around with getting SLAAC to
work on my home SRX, however I couldn't configure the necessary RAs for a
VLAN RVI. There are still some limitations to implementation of IPv6.

DayOne Exploring IPv6:
http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Day-One-Books/Day-One-Book-Exploring-IPv6/ba-p/52402
DayOne Advanced IPv6:
http://forums.juniper.net/t5/Day-One-Books/Day-One-Book-Advanced-IPv6-Configuration/ba-p/86538