[j-nsp] SRX100/2x0 as small MPLS CPE?

Abel Alejandro aalejandro at worldnetpr.com
Mon Oct 10 20:39:43 EDT 2011

We have more than 30 of Juniper SRX210 in our network doing MPLS and so
far they
are rock solid once they are configured. I have seen the occasional once
in a blue moon panic when committing a change. The SRX210, not
officially
supported, work with the RAD DS3 to Ethernet SFP so they are
particularly
attractive for us where our fiber won't reach and we need a DS3
transport.

> This interests me: we have several sites on 100Mbit LES/WEES circuits,
> and I have a vision of planting on at site with:
>
>   1. port 1 - MPLS /31
>   2. port 2 - EoMPLS xconnect

We use the SRX210 for l2circuits, VPLS and VRF without issues. However
the limitations mentioned in the thread "MPLS in the Access" need to be
taken on consideration, especially for the VPLS services.