[j-nsp] EX series - LACP flapping during ethernet storm.

Alexandre Snarskii snar at snar.spb.ru
Thu Oct 20 12:00:47 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 10:05:58PM +0800, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On Thursday, October 20, 2011 09:18:06 PM Chuck Anderson
> wrote:
>
> > Not true according to these:
>
> Not according to what we actually saw in the field.
>
> We configured LAG's with LACP and our EX4200 couldn't load
> balance any of the traffic.

My experience significantly differs here.

Well, there are scenarios when load-balancing will not happen
(for example, if LAG carries point-to-point link between routers,
and traffic is MPLS-encapsulated), but this is expected behaviour
(S/D mac's are always the same in this case, and that's the
only option for non-ip traffic on EX series).

On the other hand, for generic ip traffic (consisting of many parallel
flows) balancing is good enough:

Physical interface: ge-0/0/2, Enabled, Physical link is Up
  Output rate    : 534986336 bps (65259 pps)
    Protocol aenet, AE bundle: ae1.0
Physical interface: ge-0/0/3, Enabled, Physical link is Up
  Output rate    : 520550560 bps (65363 pps)
    Protocol aenet, AE bundle: ae1.0

But, in practice, there is.