[j-nsp] Unfamiliar with Juniper M10 Config Files

Rob Lister rob.lister at netsumo.com
Sat Oct 22 14:36:54 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 21 at 5:15:30 PM, Loopback EZ wrote:
> I am replacing an old Cisco router with a Brocade MLX as IBGP peer to a
> Juniper M10.  I am only getting 250K routes and I have NO filtering
> enabled.  I know that the Juniper is receiving a full EBGP route table
> but is only passing 250K to any of its internal IBGP peers including the
> old Cisco.  Suspect that there is route summarization happening so it
> would not overrun an old Cisco SUP module.  Where should I look for
> summarization or any other possible cause in the Juniper config?

On the Juniper, check you have enough memory etc left:

show chassis routing-engine

Although from my experience if you run out of memory on Juniper, it
generally just melts horribly.

On the Brocade, you may need to increase the defaults for number
of ip-routes and ip-cache, depending on size of box, may be different.
Do "show default values" to display the maximum settings, and then set
something like:

system-max ip-cache 1048576
system-max ip-route 1048576

(And then you have to reload...)

The default is something around ~250k. (204800)

Regards,

Rob

--
Rob Lister