[j-nsp] SRX Experiences - Was: JUNOS 10.4S6 for EX8200 - PR/676826

Stephan Tesch stephan at tesch.cx
Sat Sep 3 06:44:57 EDT 2011

Am 02.09.2011 14:11, schrieb Derick Winkworth:
> 1.  Have you opened tickets?
> 2.  Did you look in the Defect Search tool?

To be honest - no. I've solved the issue by only filtering the traffic
on one virtual router, that did the trick. Unfortunately we have so many
bugs in our NSM installation/database, that we cannot simply upgrade the
NSM and thus I'm currently stuck with JunOS 10.1 (due to NSM 2008). We
have plenty of open cases for the NSM which has way more priority.
Hopefully an update to a recent JunOS release will solve some
problems... We'll see...

> We have SRXs in our environment and there has been some issues, but
>  thus far all have been identified and resolved over time.  Months
> actually rather than years.
>
> At least for us, Juniper has been quick to resolve issues.

Hmm, my mileage varies here. Some issues (mainly with ScreenOS) have
been identified and solved quite fast. Others (primarily NSM) are now
open for over a year without significant progress. It depends heavily on
the type of bug that you discover, and if engineering is able to
reproduce the issue.

Best regards,
Stephan