[j-nsp] MX RE how fast is slow

Mike Williams mike.williams at comodo.com
Thu Sep 8 10:30:23 EDT 2011

Sorry, the commit time is fine, couple seconds tops.

# show | display set | count
Count: 1057 lines

After that the RE goes off and and runs the 700k routes it has already got in
inet.0 through the policy, "repopulating" the 2 other RIBs. It's this which
takes the time.

The fact it takes several minutes to run is only a moderate annoyance.
Especially now others have confirmed that the MX80 really isn't that fast at
all.