[j-nsp] Preventing NSSA LSAs from leaking into the backbone when part of a summary

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Fri Sep 16 10:07:39 EDT 2011

Hi,

I've got a NSSA with a few external routes, which are flooded as type-7
NSSA LSAs in the area. These are converted to type-5 by the ABR and
flooded in area 0 (and other eligible areas). All as expected.

However, the type-5 LSAs is quite pointless, as they only describe
more-specific routes of a prefix that's already set up as an area-range
on the ABR and are therefore already flooded in area 0 as a type-3 LSA.
I can limit the amount of type-5 LSAs that are flooded in area 0 by
configuring the same nssa area-range, but then I only end up with two
redundant LSAs flooded in area 0 for the same prefix (one type-3 and one
type-5).

So I'm wondering if it's possible to configure the ABR so that it
doesn't generate any type-5 LSAs and flood them into area 0 for any
routes that are already covered by a type-3 LSA?

Best regards,
--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com