[j-nsp] upgrading from old code

Paul Goyette pgoyette at juniper.net
Tue Sep 20 10:21:25 EDT 2011

> ...  I've not yet  heard an updated story about going from one
> EEOL to another EEOL release as in the past that was actually
> 'too-many-versions', but I hope this was addressed by now.

Upgrading between any two E-EOL releases _is_ currently supported.

You can even skip one intervening E-EOL release.  So, upgrading
from 9.3 to either 10.0 or 10.4 is supported.  Upgrading from 8.5
to 9.3 is also supported.

However, upgrading from 8.5 to 10.0 (skipping 9.3) is not supported
since we did not introduce the skip-one-EEOL-release until 9.3