[j-nsp] Pulse Client Mobile Devices with SRX ?

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Tue Sep 27 21:58:07 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 6:20 AM, Chris Gapske <cgapske at paducahpower.com> wrote:
> Sorry Very new at this but I would like to ask for help on an issue.
>
> I am getting conflicting stories on the ability of the SRX.  TAC says they cannot get Mobile  Devices such as Android or Idevices to connect with the pulse client.
> However I have heard reports of people getting there Android devices to work can anybody confirm this ?
>
> Thank you .. I am pretty new at the SRX thank you.

Apparently it is possible to do on some SRX platforms. I've only had
success in terminating mobile clients against the "Secure Access"
(SA-series) devices running IVE/SSL VPN software.

I found this KB article on doing it. It utilizes the "Dynamic VPN"
feature. http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB17641

Beware the Android client though -- as of several months ago, it only
provided a wrapped web browser, rather than real IP tunneling. The iOS
Pulse client does proper tunneling though.

Good luck.

Cheers,
jof