[j-nsp] Pulse Client Mobile Devices with SRX ?

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Tue Sep 27 22:00:36 EDT 2011

Hi Chris,

On 27/09/2011, at 11:20 PM, Chris Gapske wrote:

> Sorry Very new at this but I would like to ask for help on an issue.
>
> I am getting conflicting stories on the ability of the SRX.  TAC says they cannot get Mobile  Devices such as Android or Idevices to connect with the pulse client.
> However I have heard reports of people getting there Android devices to work can anybody confirm this ?

Last time I looked at this Junos Pulse on mobile devices (specifically iOS) only supported SSL VPN termination, meaning it will only work with the Juniper SA/MAG devices.

Junos Pulse on Windows however supports both IPSEC (for SRX) and SSL (for SA/MAG).

Save yourself lots of pain and hang a MAG gateway off your SRX - they're excellent!

Ben