[j-nsp] Packet mode "mpls" (was Layer 2 feature on srx)

Amol Desai amol.desai at tatacommunications.com
Thu Apr 12 01:32:39 EDT 2012

Hello ,

I would like to change the mail address to amolmdesai at rediffmail.com , Please confirm how I can change it

-----Original Message-----
From: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net [mailto:juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of ashish verma
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:27 AM
To: Pavel Lunin
Cc: juniper-nsp
Subject: Re: [j-nsp] Packet mode "mpls" (was Layer 2 feature on srx)

Here is some explanation.

Branch SrX Series Services Gateways process packets using flow-based forwarding by default. For the next several releases, the flow module will support only IP traffic. When MPLS is configured, there is no way of knowing if an IP packet entering the services gateway will require MPLS encapsulation until the packet is processed, so enabling MPLS can be used to force an SrX Series or J Series device to forward all IPv4 traffic in packet mode.

security {

}

forwarding-options {
   family {