[j-nsp] dynamic flow control process (High Memory)

Mohammad Salbad masalbad at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 07:01:07 EDT 2012

Hi All

We have an M10i router running 10.2R3.10 (512M RAM)  ((uptime two years))
with high memory utilization as follow:

show chassis routing-engine à Memory utilization          95 percent

show system processes extensive à 1317 root        1  96    0   372M   363M
select  39:09  0.00% dfcd

it has been noted that the dynamic flow control process (dfcd) is taking
372M of the memory.

Another thing we've checked another router which was rebooted recently and
it was OK,,, memory utilization 45% and dfcd allocation is only 30M

Any ideas !!!!

Thank you in advance

M. Salbad