[j-nsp] EX to Cat6500 link?

William McLendon wimclend at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 19:39:31 EDT 2012

just to close this out -- we were able to get the circuit up and running -- the issue was with how the Ciena gear was configured.  I've never done work on Ciena gear but it had something to do with a "GFP" setting.  Whatever it was set to, they changed it and up popped the circuit and the BGP session.

I did end up using OAM LFM to help figure this out -- when they looped the local interface, LFM came up and I saw myself as a peer as expected -- when he moved the loop to the other end of the Ciena ring (at least if I was understanding correctly that's what they did), LFM did not come up.

Thanks all that replied on and off list with ideas!

Will