[j-nsp] MX480 L2/L3 with some packet loss for routed traffic on one interface only

Nicolaj Kamensek nsp at accelerated.de
Thu Aug 9 12:19:30 EDT 2012

Am 09.08.2012 17:13, schrieb Nicolaj Kamensek:

Update:

> Since only routed traffic is affected, one might safely asume that this
> is not related to the switching hardware. The link itself can't be the
> cause as well. It's furthermore unlikely that the router itself is
> broken since everything coming from the cisco works fine.
>
> Just to mention that: routed traffic might be externally or internally,
> it doesn't make a difference.

not all routed traffic is affected, it seems to be just a few servers
but there is no pattern ibvious yet. Since the affected servers didn't
show this behaviour 2 days ago before we changed the router
configuration to L2 + L3, it is very likely that this is related to this
somehow. Before that, the router was just a router and the switches were
connected with each other - just the Cisco was connected to the router.

Nico