[j-nsp] ASR9001 vs MX80

Doug Hanks dhanks at juniper.net
Thu Aug 9 11:32:01 EDT 2012

Thanks to couple of people pinged me off-list; I accidentally switched
around the MX80.  The MICs are installed where the switch fabric would
have been and the 4x10G are where the MICs would have been.

You essentially get 4x10GE ports for "free" on the MX80 because there's no
switch fabric and you get the full bandwidth of the Trio chipset on the
MX5, MX10, and MX40; the only restrictions are which ports you can use.