[j-nsp] SRX240H Cluster & SNMP

Wayne Tucker wayne at tuckerlabs.com
Mon Aug 20 14:56:43 EDT 2012

I have a couple of SRX240H clusters running 11.2R6.  I also have an
SRX650 cluster running 11.2S6.  I don't see anything in my logs to
indicate that I'm getting errors and none of my graphs show signs of
failed polls.

I doubt it matters, but I'm polling the devices through their loopback
interfaces.  I also filter out some of the interfaces and filter
duplicates:

> show configuration snmp | display inheritance | except ##
filter-interfaces {
    interfaces {
        fxp2;
        gre;
        ipip;
        lo0.16384;
        lo0.16385;
        lo0.32768;
        lsi;
        mtun;
        pimd;
        pime;
        tap;
    }
}
filter-duplicates;
[snip]

Does it seem to happen the most when there are lots of queries going
through?  Are you doing row-based or column-based queries (one
interface at a time or the same counter across several interfaces)?
The former is supposed to perform better (so, for instance, an
snmpwalk is fairly processor intensive).

Any signs of trouble on your control or fabric interfaces?

Has JTAC already had you enable tracing for SNMP?

:w