[j-nsp] R: Routing Instance BGP Full Routing High Memory persists

Yannick LE TEIGNER yannick.leteigner at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 11:08:30 EST 2012

Memory allocation is complex topic. The memory may have been released by
RPD but the kernel still keeps it allocated for RPD - really releasing it
only if another process needs it.
One way to check would be to create a dummy shell script to consume a large
part of memory and then kill it. It would then be interesting to see if
your 'show chassing routing-engine' shows the same output.