[j-nsp] SRX, UDP traffic, routing asymmetry

Michel de Nostredame d.nostra at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 00:05:13 EST 2012

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 7:13 PM, 叶雨飞 <sunyucong at gmail.com> wrote:
> downgrade to 9.3R4.4 then

Unfortunately 9.3 is already EOLed (
http://www.juniper.net/support/eol/junos.html )

Tuning J/SRX into packet-mode will lost several valuable functions
such as IPsec, Jflow... those are very important for small business.

Selective-packet-mode is also a huge pain from operation point of
view, also the Jflow will have problem under this.

I believe the best solution is to keep pushing Juniper to bring
packet-mode OS back to J-series with full functionality.

At this moment, Juniper does not have product, my personal opinion, to
head-to-head compete against Cisco ISR. J-series could be the most
closed product line to fill this gap.

--
Michel~