[j-nsp] SRX, UDP traffic, routing asymmetry

叶雨飞 sunyucong at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 01:31:42 EST 2012

J-series is still using P4 class cpu ,ddr2 memory,  where as it is
really cheap to upgrade them for now (I bought ~50$ from ebay , 3G
cpu, 2.5G ram and it handles several copies of full bgp feed just
fine) , it is clear that is not going to last long, they are heading
for EOL really soon in my opinion.

Forcing j-series to be a security router is a joke, i totally agree though.

Speaking of 9.3, i have been running them for almost 2 years now, and
it is working great, all the features are there(only ipesc v1 though
and it is buggy) and given 10.4 is so horribly slow, I simply have 0
intend to upgrade them.

Cheers.