[j-nsp] Cisco SX SFP on Juniper EX2200

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Thu Dec 13 18:13:02 EST 2012

On 14/12/2012, at 12:29 AM, Chuck Anderson <cra at WPI.EDU> wrote:

> Regarding my previous comment about auto-negotiation, on the EX
> platform the correct command is:
>
> set/delete interfaces ge-x/y/z ether-options no-auto-negotiation
>
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 11:02:00AM +0100, Nicolas Hyvernat wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 02:25:31AM +0000, Coy Hile wrote:
>>> Is Juniper one of those vendors who doesn't play happy with non-'blessed' SFPs on certain platforms?  I think I've heard stories about the MXes, but I don't have first-hand experience.
>>
>> MX: accept most non-'blessed' transceivers.
>> EX: not so much, right EEPROM coding required.

I've found the exact opposite to be true - EX and MX have taken everything I've thrown at them from a plethora of SFP/XFP suppliers, including C/DWDM modules.

The one exception is copper SFPs where I've found some modules that don't work, and some that maintain link up even without a patch lead attached.

My understanding from previous threads is that only the QFX3500 enforces JNPR optics.