[j-nsp] Juniper Shaping TC, Odd Spirent Results

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Dec 20 15:43:17 EST 2012

On (2012-12-19 11:45 -0700), Matt Bentley wrote:

> are smaller than what our allowable burst is.  And, apparently, the ability
> to set BC/BE on a Juniper shaper is a brand new feature, not supported in
> our current code.  We're using traffic-control profile, and so can't use a

I think you answered to yourself. If you're running Trio HW upgrade to
release which implements RLI14371, i.e. 11.4R1 or newer, I'd recommend
11.4R6.
When upgraded configure 'shaping-rate 200m burst-size 1' (128 is actually
what gets programmed, as it's minimum size, but 1 commits, 0 does not)

> I've opened a JTAC case, but am not getting much of anywhere.

What is expected outcome? Known issue, addressed in shipping release.

--
  ++ytti