[j-nsp] next hop behavior within between VRFs

Stacy W. Smith stacy at acm.org
Wed Feb 8 21:16:19 EST 2012

Ido,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this…

I think I understand what you're trying to accomplish, but just a couple more questions…

I'm assuming this traffic has a source IP in vrf A and a destination IP in inet.0, and that's why you're using FBF to detour the traffic through the servers in vrf B. Is that correct?

Is there anything in vrf B besides the servers that need to "catch the traffic"?

Are the servers in vrf B being used to "catch traffic" for any other vrfs, or only vrf A?

Does traffic from inet.0 also need to pass through the servers in vrf B on it's way to vrf A or is it only the traffic in the other direction vrfA->vrfB servers->inet.0 that passes through the servers?

Thanks,
--Stacy