[j-nsp] WAN-PHY support for EX-series 10g interfaces

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+j-nsp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 00:53:00 EST 2012

Hi,

Potentially odd question here but does anyone know, from 1st hand
experience, whether WAN-PHY mode is supported on 10g interfaces in
EX-series devices? Specifically EX4200 and/or EX4500?

I ask because we have a new carrier circuit being delivered in the
not-too-distant future and we need to plug something into it to test
it. Eventually we'll jam a SRX5800 with a 4x10GE DPC onto the end of
it but in the meantime it would be handy to terminate and test with
something .. smaller.

The existing interfaces we have (provisioned before my time)
apparently needed to be configured with the "framing wan-phy" and
"optics-options wavelength 1550.12" configuration options. The framing
command auto-completes on an EX-series box but the optics-options
command is hidden.

Couldn't find any definitive references in the product docs.

cheers,
Dale