[j-nsp] 10.4R9 on MX stable?

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Fri Feb 17 19:53:04 EST 2012

On 2/17/2012 10:27 AM, Paul Stewart wrote:
> Thanks..
>
> We're also ok with going to an 11.x release if there's a such thing as a
> "golden release" in the 11.x code...;)

I had to jump to 11.2 for static units with auto-configure on the same
interface on an MX80 for subscriber services. Running into a slew of
problems, although it is at least operational and doing what it needs to
do. 11.x makes me cringe, but unfortunately I require features. I'm
running a 4 problem ticket right now on it, from slow dns resolver to
delays on show interface displaying the logical units, to race
conditions causing issues between auto-configure and configuring static
units (they didn't have the static units override existing
auto-configured units that shared the same vlan), to sampled eating
filedescriptors until the box runs out if it is configured even if not
applied to an interface.

My mx80s and mx960s running 10.4R7.5 have been stable so far, although I
did notice some weirdness sometimes withe the ae setups (when the AE was
first brought up, isis came up, arp worked, but ping/bgp did not;
disable/enable fixed it and it has stayed stable so far, but I don't
trust it).

Jack