[j-nsp] NG-MVPN flow prob

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Feb 21 00:40:15 EST 2012

On Tuesday, February 21, 2012 01:23:09 PM Ahsan Khan wrote:

> Yes, you are right.

I have no experience with NG-MVPN (or BGP-MVPN, as Juniper
are calling it these days) on the J-series routers.

But the fact that you're seeing this difference points to a
data plane issue, particularly on the J6350.

You're running a pretty old release there, which was more or
less the first introductions of NG-MVPN in Junos. A lot of
the infrastructure has changed since then, and while I'm not
sure how it would affect the J-series routers, perhaps you
might want to try a later release and see if that fixes your
issue.

If you had an MX, I'd have been able to tell you what was
wrong, as we've seen similar issues before with the good
control plane, good RSVP tunnel, but not data plane
activity, under various conditions.

Mark.