[j-nsp] 100Base-LX10 and MX80

Łukasz Dudziński lukasz at dudzinscy.org
Wed Feb 29 06:25:21 EST 2012

Hi Guys,

There is MX80 equipped with MIC 3D 20x1GE SFP. Documentation says
(http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/reference/general/mic-mx-series-gigabit-ethernet-sfp-description.html)
that only SFP modules I can use in that line card are:

- 100BASE-FX (model number: SFP-1FE-FX)
- 1000BASE-LH (model number: SFP-1GE-LH)
- 1000BASE-LX (model number: SFP-1GE-LX)
- 1000BASE-SX (model number: SFP-1GE-SX)

The problem is that I need to connect a device equipped with
100Base-LX10 interface.

In my opinion the main difference between 100Base-FX and 100Base-LX10
SFP modules is on optical side. It shouldn't be a problem for vendor to
support 100Base-LX10 SFP, if 100Base-FX is already supported.

Do you have some experience with that type of SFP on MX80 platform ? If
it is supported on MX80 (by 'supported' I mean - it's working, not that
I can get support from JTAC in that type of SFP issues), what kind of
SFP you have ? Original, Juniper signed (designed for other
router/switch series) or third party ?

--
Lukasz