[j-nsp] 100Base-LX10 and MX80

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Wed Feb 29 08:26:29 EST 2012

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, £ukasz Dudziñski wrote:

> Do you have some experience with that type of SFP on MX80 platform ? If
> it is supported on MX80 (by 'supported' I mean - it's working, not that
> I can get support from JTAC in that type of SFP issues), what kind of
> SFP you have ? Original, Juniper signed (designed for other
> router/switch series) or third party ?

Check the list archives, we JUST discussed the use of 3rd party optics a
week or so ago.

The bottom line is that some people (me for example) see no problem at all
with using 3rd party optics, and have used them in multiple installations
without any more problems than Juniper own optics cause.

Other folks believe that you shouldn't use 3rd party optics because
Juniper won't support them, and because availability, quality and sourcing
are questionable.

I suggest you read the archives and come to your own conclusion.

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442