[j-nsp] Ex Series VC with *both* high-speed backbone *and* link-aggregation

Dave Peters dave at terabitsystems.com
Tue Jan 3 12:36:51 EST 2012

Hi all--

This is simple, but I can't find definitive proof online . . .

Can I set up a Juniper EX series virtual chassis using a high-speed
backbone on one floor of a building and then connect that VC to another
switch (or two) via link-aggregation on the SFP ports?

I'm not sure you can mix the VC connections, is all.  Can I use both the
stacking backbone on one floor and the SFP links on another floor in the
same virtual chassis?

Thanks much.

--
Dave Peters