[j-nsp] QFX3500 optics lock?

Jeff Wheeler jsw at inconcepts.biz
Fri Jan 6 13:26:19 EST 2012

We just received our first QFX3500s, and contrary to what the Juniper
SE told us, they will not work with non-Juniper optics.  Is there some
clever, undocumented means of using third-party optics in these
switches?  JTAC says it will "never" be compatible with non-Juniper
SFP+.  Right now it looks like we will be sending them all back and
going with another vendor.  Glad I wasted my time doing Q&A with the
sales engineer.. :/

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz>
Sr Network Operator  /  Innovative Network Concepts