[j-nsp] Booting Cisco AP's - JUNOS DHCP

Tim Jackson jackson.tim at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 11:26:55 EST 2012

set system services dhcp pool 192.168.240.0/24 option 43 string
"192.168.1.1,192.168.2.1"

or the hex stuff, you'll need to set it as a byte-stream:

http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB19509&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1304332102670

I don't think theres a way to use Option 60 inbound to change the
outgoing options on the local DHCP server.. I could be wrong, but you
can (if you're using another server or server(s)) use option 60 to
change DHCP Relay:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos94/swconfig-policy/example-using-option60-strings-to-drop-dhcp-client-traffic.html#example-using-option-60-drop

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos94/swconfig-policy/using-matching-option60-strings-to-process-dhcp-client-traffic.html

etc..