[j-nsp] QFX3500 optics lock?

Jim Glen jim.glen at codonis.com
Fri Jan 6 19:57:29 EST 2012

Hi Chuck,
I have both QFX-3500's as well as a complete Q0Fabric system, I can absolutely confirm that at this time everything that connects to a QFX node has to be Juniper, this is true from 1gb (copper and fiber), as well as 10gb, Active and Passive DAC cables.

If you plug in non-Juniper SFP's the QFX recognises that they are there and you can read the Digital information from them, however, the SFP will never be recognised and be available for use by the switch.

Hope this helps,
Jim Glen
Chief Engineer
CODONiS, Inc.