[j-nsp] QFX3500 optics lock?

OBrien, Will ObrienH at missouri.edu
Sat Jan 7 20:48:40 EST 2012

I'd make darn sure that Juniper knows that this is an issue for you.
I'm half torn on the optics issue - I can half understand the argument for certified optics, but I've also been in the position of being short on 'blessed' optics while having other vendors hardware on hand.

With a sfp+ to sfp+ cable, there isn't an excuse for this - It's all copper and it's a friggin network port. Eesh.

That said, even cisco does this with the unsupported optics command.