[j-nsp] QFX3500 optics lock?

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Sat Jan 7 15:58:57 EST 2012

On Sat, 7 Jan 2012, Phil Mayers wrote:

> The device must support generic / unbranded transceivers. Any device which
> prevents use of, or restricts features based on transceiver vendor will be
> immediately disqualified.

I'm very glad to see people doing this in their procurement.  I'm also
happy to see that a majority of the RFPs that I see, mostly BTOP ones,
also include some sort of requirement for support of 3rd party optics.

Preventing 3rd party optics from working in the QFX immediately
disqualifies it from a majority of the new network builds I see and I
would never recommend a product to my customers that won't work with 3rd
party optics.

--
Brandon Ross                                              AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442