[j-nsp] SRX3600 and "ethernet switching" between multiple reth

Bao Nguyen ngqbao at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 12:48:26 EST 2012

Hello,

I have a SRX3600 cluster setup where there are three RETH interfaces. Each
of the RETH is physically ties to the outside world, an EX4500 and an
EX4200. For simplicity sake, the RETH is physically connected like below
and has "vlan-tagging" enable so multiple vlans can terminate on each RETH.

RETH0 - outside
RETH1 - EX4500
RETH2 - EX4200

Now what I need is a common vlan and a single subnet that sit on both RETH1
and RETH2. So that a host (physically) connecting to the EX4500 can access
the host (physically) on the EX4200, while still going through the
firewall. Since the SRX3600 doesn't have "ethernet-switching" or
IRB functionality, I'm wondering if there's a common way/design to provide
this portability.

thanks,

-bn
0216331C