[j-nsp] Network-control queue counter increases on ccc-configured interface

Gökhan Gümüş ggumus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 06:49:52 EST 2012

Dear all,

I have detected a strange behaviour on one of our ccc-configured gigabit
ethernet interface.

I have a P2P ccc service and at one end strangely network-control queue
counter is increasing as seen below.

There is no other ccc-configured service on the router is getting increment
on their network-control queue.

LON> show configuration interfaces ge-2/0/4
apply-groups customer-template;
description "Customer-A";
gigether-options {
    no-flow-control;
}
unit 0 {
    family ccc {
        policer {
            input 200m-bw-limit;
            output 200m-bw-limit;
        }

LON> show configuration groups customer-template
interfaces {
    <*> {
        mtu 9188;
        encapsulation ethernet-ccc;
        unit 0 {
            family ccc;
        }
    }

 Queue counters:       Queued packets  Transmitted packets      Dropped
packets
    0 best-effort           2674026389
2674026391                    0
    1 expedited-fo                   0
0                    0
    2 assured-forw                   0
0                    0
    3 network-cont                 832
832                    0

Is there anybody has such experience on Juniper MX switches?

Thanks and regards,

Gokhan Gumus