[j-nsp] Internet routes in MPLS network, global table or own VRF?

Derick Winkworth dwinkworth at att.net
Fri Jan 27 08:46:16 EST 2012

I didn't think the design was that complicated.  Need to get default route into customer VRFs.  Need to support "firewall-in-the-cloud."

Done.  With reporting and tiered bandwidth.

Agree with Mark's points below, however.  We started off like "weeeeee!" when it came to MPLS-TE... but then decided to just use LDP by default and MPLS-TE as the exception.  Also, we could have put the internet into an LSYS.  In fact...  now I'm thinking we should do that.

For stuff in the same data center as the internet pipe, we are seeing ~1ms of delay from edge-to-edge.

Derick Winkworth
CCIE #15672 (RS, SP), JNCIE-M #721
http://packetpushers.net/author/dwinkworth/