[j-nsp] PVLAN for tagged VLANs on EX4200

Shane Short shane at short.id.au
Fri Jan 27 12:37:27 EST 2012

Hi Guys,
I'm currently trying to figure out how I can deploy either PLVAN or some kind of local ethernet isolation on my network.
I currently have a bunch of customers on /30 interconnects which are trunked back to our EX4200 for aggregation. I'd like to somehow shift those customers into a larger (say, /25) range, while forcing all the traffic through the aggregation switch. I initially thought that PVLAN would do what I want, but it seems to baulk I try and add one of the tagged VLANs into the mix. Basic diagram is below (forgive my horrible ASCII art)

| Cisco Switch | -- Tagged Vlans -> | EX4200 |
|  VPS Server  | -- Tagged Vlans ---------^

If anyone knows how I could achieve what I'm trying to do, be it with PVLAN or something else I've not come across, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. :)

-Shane