[j-nsp] PVLAN for tagged VLANs on EX4200

Misha Gzirishvili misha.gzirishvili at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:24:37 EST 2012

Hi There,
Currently I'm trying to configure private vlans on EX 4200.
Requirement to configure private vlans accross switches is to have junos
10.4R1, seefollowing link:
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/concept/ex-series-software-features-overview.html#layer-2-protocols-features-by-platform-table
About adding vlans, when you are configuring private vlans on EX4200 , you
do not need vlan-id-s, community names are enough. but if you want to span
PVLAN across switches , you will need additional vlan-id to use, within
trunk port.
One more link about PVLANs:
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.4/topics/concept/private-vlans-ex-series.html#jd0e54

HTH