[j-nsp] route BGP stall bug

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Jul 23 08:14:08 EDT 2012

On (2012-07-23 13:55 +0200), Daniel Roesen wrote:

> Actually, I see it came in 12.0(10)S, so it was there, but we were
> running OSPF, not IS-IS, so no help.

Aye. Some dirt towards cisco too, it is ridiculous you don't have feature
parity in ISIS and OSPF in things like these, these should use common
codepath, single file in source code repo for any half decent design.

While academically OSPF and ISIS are very much the same, in practice as
they are developed in very insulated manner, it makes sense to run what
everyone else is running, in hopes that the big dogs lab them and request
for critical features. This is, in my opinion, the main reason for SP to
run ISIS.
Common wisdom is to run which ever your people are familiar with, but
people change and learning basics of operating ISIS or OSPF is matter of
hours anyhow.

--
  ++ytti