[j-nsp] route BGP stall bug

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Mon Jul 23 11:16:23 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 03:14:08PM +0300, Saku Ytti wrote:
> On (2012-07-23 13:55 +0200), Daniel Roesen wrote:
>
> > Actually, I see it came in 12.0(10)S, so it was there, but we were
> > running OSPF, not IS-IS, so no help.
>
> Aye. Some dirt towards cisco too, it is ridiculous you don't have feature
> parity in ISIS and OSPF in things like these, these should use common
> codepath, single file in source code repo for any half decent design.

To cut Cisco some slack, OSPF has no simple overload bit, so you have to
raise your link metrics all the way for a somewhat crude and limited
emulation of IS-IS' overload bit. There are still possible setups where
an OSPF-based wannabe-overload replica doesn't work like IS-IS overload
would do and still lead to blackholing. Although that would be quite
specific/special scenarios.

Best regards,
Daniel