[j-nsp] EX/MX G.8032 with OAM CCM's

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Sat Jun 2 19:27:44 EDT 2012

Having just done this in the last week (strictly EXs), I'd suggest that neither your OAM and G.8032 are configured correctly - post up some configuration if you can.

Make sure you have your link-fault-management action-profile is set to link-down and that you have an apply-action-profile bound to the interface as well.

My testing (very rough) showed about 0.5 seconds between link down and switch-over - I chalk this up to my test lab being copper interfaces and the slight lag in link-down detection.

I think the minimum timers for OAM on the EX are 400ms x 3, which is nothing special, so unless you have intermediate Layer 1 devices to detect failure in, I don't think mixing OAM and G.8032 really buys you BFD-like performance.

I'm hoping this will be improved in the future - I seem to recall Extreme's EAPS clocking in at a order of magnitude or two quicker.

Cheers,

Ben