[j-nsp] CoS - DSCP Markings

Chris Kawchuk juniperdude at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 04:56:30 EDT 2012

On the off chance, are you trying to verify your dscp markings by doing a port-mirror on the same device? (i.e. mirror the output of ae1 to another output port, and doing a wireshark on it?)

I discovered the hard way that a rewrite happens *after* the port mirror; so your mirrored port is showing the packet in the hardware before it's been properly re-written. (at least, I discovered this for an EXP rewrite - caused me a week of pain in trying to figure out why stuff didnt appear to be working on egress...)

- CK.