[j-nsp] snmp { filter-interfaces {}}; wildcard usage

Chris Kawchuk juniperdude at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 20:45:42 EDT 2012

Apologies, as my REGEX-fu is weak today.

I'm attempting to filter off certain interface from showing up via an SNMP walk... i.e. interfaces that are internally generated which really serve no purpose outside the JunOS box itself: (lsi.*, lo0.16384, etc)

I want to match any ge-x/x/x interface that has .32767 (which is the RE-to-PIC communications interface that is created on many PICs/MPCs/DPCs - which only serves to confuse my Ops guys as well as clutter up any MRTG-style graphs.)

This works (as an example) to suppress:

snmp
 {
 filter-interfaces {
    interfaces {
        lsi.*;
        cbp*;
        demux*;
        pimd*;
        pime*;
        pip*;
        tap*;
        lo0.16384;
    }
    all-internal-interfaces;
}

But this does not (i.e. I cant find a good example of how to match 'any interface' as long as it's unit 32767):

snmp
 {
 filter-interfaces {
    interfaces {
        *.32767;
        *32767;
        ge*.32767
        ge*32767;
    }
    all-internal-interfaces;
}

Pointers/Suggestions/Example Stanza Appreciated. I will send you a Blueberry Pie.

- CK.

P.S. Dear JNPR - any reason we aren't including xxx.32767, lo0.16384, etc.. as part of the default "all-internal-interfaces" directive? Seems like a natural to me.