[j-nsp] cable modem/dsl/ftth bandwidth limiting

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Wed Jun 20 08:50:04 EDT 2012

We are moving everything to "the edge".   I mean that the BRAS on DSL will
be doing it via profiles and on our CMTS systems it's already incorporated
into the cable mode profile.  We were previously doing a lot more of the
"rate limiting" in Radius profiles which were used by ERX (and Cisco 7200)
specific to PPPOE on DSL but found it easier and more consistent to do DSLAM
speed profiles... a lot less "moving parts" involved doing it this way - at
least in our environment.

Paul