[j-nsp] EX4200 Virtual Chassis Uplink Requirements - Extended VCT / VCCP

James Jimenez james at itmasks.me
Sun Jun 24 06:43:22 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I am curious with a EX4200 as to the requirements of the uplink ports when
attempting to use VCT / VCCP. Juniper documentation says a 1000BaseTX SFP
module is unable to be used however I have been told that this does in fact
work and the documentation may not have caught up yet?

I am also curious as to the requirements of the fibre uplink ports. If we
are purchasing carrier services does it have to be a dark fibre link or are
we able to use VCT over a Carrier VPLS 1G Ethernet service (LX/LH/SX)? We
are hoping to VCT a number of chassis over a 30km distance.

Any advice or field experience would be appreciated!

I have searched the documentation but to no avail.

James