[j-nsp] "forwarding-options helpers bootp" vs. "forwarding-options dhcp-relay"?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Jun 26 16:43:16 EDT 2012

On (2012-06-26 16:29 -0400), Clarke Morledge wrote:

> Warning: 'dhcp-relay' statement cannot be included along with
> 'forwarding-options helpers bootp' statement
>
> This appears to be the case even if the statements are used in
> different routing-instances.

Helpers aren't supported in RIs, only in global level, but you can
configure RI in global level for helper.

I would avoid DHCP relay like plaque, unless you absolutely positively need
it. It is implemented in very silly way, if it is configured all DHCP, even
transit, is punted in every interface.
Unfortunately some features require it, like unnumbered subinterfaces etc.

--
  ++ytti