[j-nsp] 100Base-LX10 and MX80

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Thu Mar 1 09:07:09 EST 2012

On Thu, 1 Mar 2012, Å~Aukasz DudziÅ~Dski wrote:

> W dniu 29.02.2012 14:39, Brandon Ross pisze:
>> On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, �~Aukasz Dudzi�~Dski wrote:
>>
>> Since it is impossible to use a Juniper optic that doesn't exist, if
>> your requirement is for LX10, your only choice is to purchase 3rd party.
>
> That is exactly, what I did. My supplier provided me a SFP with nice
> blue sticker "Juniper Compatible". Unfortunately, I couldn't force the
> interface to be up, even with external fiber loop on the same module
> (TX2RX). The manufacturer of that module was GBC Photonics
> (SF-SM31020D-01G-GP).

Have you worked with the company that sold it to you to resolve the issue?
What did they say?  Most sellers will give you a lifetime warranty.

>> I have used 3rd party LX10 optics (along with just about any other kind
>> of optic you can imagine) on MX series with no problem.  Heck I even
>> RECOMMEND to my clients to save money by using 3rd party optics (but I
>> might have a bias since my wife sells them).
>
> Can you tell what exactly type of MX-series line card and what was
> exactly manufacturer and P/N of SFP you used with 100Base-LX10 ? In my
> case it was: MIC 3D 20x 1GE(LAN) and SFP as mentioned above.

It's been some time but I'm pretty sure it was and MPC2 with the same MIC
you are referring to above.  The optic I was using was probably
manufactured by Finisar, but I no longer have access to that system so I
can't tell you for certain.

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442