[j-nsp] Logical systems on an M7i

Tom Storey tom at snnap.net
Fri Mar 2 18:07:50 EST 2012

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the reply. You are correct, each logical system gets its
own rpd process.

I managed to get access to an M7i and indeed you can do 15 LS's on
them. Each rpd process only takes a couple of MB RAM, and seem to be
quite light on CPU (barely even registers) so it looks promising for
an RE-400 with only a couple of hundred MB of RAM even.

Still need to test with a few more features, so this might impact on
RAM and CPU. We'll see over the next couple of days as I play around
some more.

Hopefully this information is helpful for someone else. :-)

Tom